The MISSION of the National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education is to foster education for healthy marriages, responsible fathers, and strong families in America
We, The Association Allies Believe:
- Life can be summed up in one word: Relationships
- Healthy married couples are happier, healthier, and wealthier than non-married couples, and the children of healthy married couples do better on average than children of non-married couples
- People have significantly better outcomes in life when they discover, learn, and practice healthy relationship skills for all phases of life including youth, workplace, singles, single parents, and marriages.
- The natural result of divorce, cohabitation, and out-of-wedlock childbearing is the collapse of the American family and the corrosion of our economy
- Family fragmentation and collapse costs U.S. taxpayers at least $112 billion each year, and more than $1 trillion each decade.
To These Ends:
- We unite our efforts as allies in a common mission to save future generations from the destructive consequences of failed marriages, irresponsible fathers, and broken homes that result in poor child outcomes
- We call upon government, business, community and faith-based leaders to take responsibility and develop the leadership and resources necessary to lead a national effort to promote healthy marriages, responsible fathers, and strong families that result in positive outcomes for both children and adults
The National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education provides a neutral banner under which all allies can work
- Relationship and Marriage Education help couples form and maintain a healthy, happy, stable home—something that greatly benefits them, their children and the entire community. Healthy relationship skills are beneficial for all phases of life including youth, workplace, singles, single parents, and marriages.
- Children have better outcomes in life when their fathers are involved in their lives.
- The breakdown of marriages and families is a core social problem. It's a multi-sector problem which will require a multi sector solution.
- Working together means we will accomplish far more than we could ever do alone.
- Humble servant leaders are critical to authentic leadership.
- We will respect and protect the unique gifts and resources that each ally brings.
- We recognize that we have much we can learn from one another.
- We gladly and respectfully work with all who seek the well-being of future generations through healthy, lifelong marriages, responsible fathers, strong families, and vibrant communities
- We support the widespread dissemination of research-based education programs that lead to healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, strong families, and vibrant communities
- We support public policy changes that prevent family disruption, and support healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, strong families, and vibrant communities.
- We understand some relationships are beyond repair and believe public policy should not try to keep people in abusive relationships.
- Our approach will be continuously informed and updated by the latest research findings.
- We place a high value on investing in relationships and modeling our message by how we treat one another.
- We seek to empower leaders across the nation and develop champions who are passionate about developing healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, and strong families.
- We seek to be responsive and flexible as opportunities and challenges emerge.
- We will strive to conduct ourselves at all times with the highest standards of honesty, integrity, respect, mutual accountability, and collective responsibility.
Our Common Values
Unity: The source of our unity is our shared commitment to healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, and strong families as cornerstones of civilization
Serving: We seek to serve rather than be served
Unifying: We desire ever-increasing levels of unity, collaboration, and fellowship
Entrusting: We seek to entrust our movement to champions across the United States and to equip them to be successful in leading a restoration movement for healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, and strong families
Measuring: We desire accountability for measurable results
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES
The Scope of Activities of the Association May Include:
- Be a relentless national advocate for healthy marriages, responsible fathers, strong families, and vibrant communities in America
- Provide ongoing marriage, fatherhood, and family education training opportunities
- Educate the public, the media, and our allies about the state of marriage in America, and the effectiveness of marriage education and fatherhood programs
- Network with marriage, fatherhood, and family allies across America to foster relationships, share resources, and mobilize our joint efforts
- Seek public policy changes to prevent family disruption, support healthy marriages, responsible fatherhood, strong families, and vibrant communities
- Seek to profile “best practices” for education programs for marriages, fathers, and families. Utilize effective assessment tools to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of these programs
- Work with local community-based organizations to develop programs for healthy marriages, responsible fathers, and strong families in various settings including faith-based organizations, schools, government agencies, and businesses
- Develop a website to advance the Association's mission, vision, and scope of activities
- Raise financial support from Association dues, and from various funding sources including foundations, government grants, and the private sector to advance Association goals and objectives
The Charter for the National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education was drafted by Richard Albertson, Founding President of Live the Life in Tallahassee, Florida. The Charter was approved by the Board of Directors, and adopted by Association members and common allies on July 9th, 2010.
The current administrative offices of the Association are located at:
P.O. Box 14946
Tallahassee, FL. 32317